[horde] asked not the first time: howto visualize message headers

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Wed Oct 23 10:29:21 UTC 2013

Citeren Andreas Schulze <sca at andreasschulze.de>:

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>> The purpose of Authentication-Results should be a binary decision
>> at the MTA level:
>> - if it fails, you should discard
>> - if it succeeds, it should be shown to the user without any
>> additional information.
>
> Michael,
>
> right, that's the theory.
> but in practice most postmaster still don't force no reject action on FAIL.
>
> And as I am such a postmaster I like to *see and monitor* the result
> for *each* message.

This won't work. Your users are not going to report back to you what
they see in this header. You would be much better off by letting your
MTA log a message with the results to the syslog. In Postfix for
instance, you can do this in the header_checks and use WARN action.
This is specifically designed for cases like this