[horde] Questions related to change ldap password from horde

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Wed Oct 23 14:48:43 UTC 2013

On 10/22/2013 09:31 PM, sovannaroth wrote:
> Thanks Andy Dorman,
> Your configuration is work in case all the users are store under
> ou=addresses. Am I right? In my case, the users are store in many other OU
> (under ou=people) for specific department eg: IT, HR ... Any possible way to
> make horde password could change password for the users that are store in
> sub OU?
>
> I am waiting your help.
>
> Thanks,
> Sovannaroth

You should use whatever OU is appropriate for your LDAP database.

I may be misunderstanding what you are asking, but if you have a
different OU for different users, then you will have to add some logic
to look at the username and determine the appropriate OU from that.

You could use a hook, but I would first try adding logic into your
backends.local.php.  I am pretty sure backends.local.php can do
something like this to determine the user's identity.

$user = strtolower ($GLOBALS['registry']->getAuth());

Then you can use $user to determine what OU's are needed.

--
Andy Dorman