[horde] Questions related to change ldap password from horde

Andy Dorman adorman at ironicdesign.com
Thu Oct 24 03:02:41 UTC 2013

On 10/23/2013 06:55 PM, sovannaroth wrote:
> HI Andy Dorman,
>
> Could you provide me an example of hook configuration?
>
> Thanks,
> Sovannaroth

I am sorry, but we do not use a hook to set the LDAP dn.  The code I
sent earlier from our passwd - backends.local.php  works great for us,
so we do not need or use a hook.

In your case, if you can determine the correct OU from the user ID, then
you could probably add some php code in the front of your
passwd/config/backends.local.php to set a variable such as
$my_calculated_ou and use it like this:

'userdn' => "uid=%u,ou=$my_calculated_ou,o=mycompany.com"

If none of this makes sense, you may need to request help from a good
PHP programmer.  I believe knowledge of how your LDAP DNs are determined
and about 15 minutes of reading the comments in
passwd/config/backends.php and config/hooks.php.dist and these emails
will tell them everything they need to help you.

Good luck.

--
Andy