[horde] TouchDown doesn't sync mails

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Oct 25 20:01:40 UTC 2013

Quoting Samuel Wolf <samuel at sheepflock.de>:

> Zitat von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Hanns Mattes <hanns at hannsmattes.de>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Zitat von samuel at sheepflock.de:

>>> It's working here, but the last touchdown-update definitely made
>>> synchronization worse. I've seen some Errors in horde.log. They
>>> went away after readding the account, resetting the sync-status
>>> etc..
>>
>> FWIW, I was in contact with the developer some time ago trying to
>> get him to fix some things he was doing wrong protocol-wise, but
>> was told that he didn't want to touch that part of the code because
>> "it's tricky to get right". That's about the same time I gave up on
>> testing Touchdown regularly.
>
> That's bad, will send a mail to the support that the app do not work
> for me now.
>
> Found something in the debug log, maybe you have a idea whats wrong:
> [...]
> 2013-10-25T21:42:19+02:00 INFO: [20773]
> Horde_Core_ActiveSync_Driver::getMessage(, xxxxxxx at mail)
> 2013-10-25T21:42:19+02:00 ERR: Unable to fetch message: Ordner "1"
> konnte nicht geöffnet werden.
> 2013-10-25T21:42:19+02:00 ERR: Ordner "1" konnte nicht geöffnet werden.
> 2013-10-25T21:42:19+02:00 ERR: Unknown backend error skipping
> message: Ordner "1" konnte nicht geöffnet werden.
> 2013-10-25T21:42:19+02:00 INFO: [20773] Updating state during change
> [...]

That actually looks familiar. IIRC, it is due to the client not
knowing the difference between a string and an integer. There's a fix
for this already in place in current Git, but it wasn't released yet.
You can test that this is the case by manually applying the following
commit:

https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/0e6f790733668e8beaa2fa1faf01c8a51f9a5feb#diff-d844a0ebe12e4bf62b5fc3316d935198
--
mike