[horde] IMP cannot retrieve the public key in address book for encrypting message

Kinglok, Fong busywater at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 10:52:39 UTC 2013

Hi,

Those are the steps how I reproduce the error:

Step 1:  Signed email message is sent from server A (user at domaina.com) to
server B (user at domainb.com).
Step 2:  Import the public key (user at domaina.com) in server B into the
address book of user at domainb.com.
Step 3:  From Server B, user at domainb.com try to compose a message with PGP
encryption to user at domaina.com

The following error popped up:
PGP Error: Could not PGP encrypt message: gpg: user at domaina: skipped:
public key not found.

When digging the horde log, I discover the following statement:

Nov 02 18:37:33 DEBUG: HORDE [turba] SQL  (0.0002s)
SELECT object_id, owner_id, object_type, object_members, object_uid,
object_firstname, object_lastname, object_middlenames,
object_nameprefix, object_namesuffix, object_alias,
object_yomifirstname, object_yomilastname, object_bday,
object_anniversary, object_spouse, object_photo, object_phototype,
object_homestreet, object_homepob, object_homecity,
object_homeprovince, object_homepostalcode, object_homecountry,
object_workstreet, object_workpob, object_workcity,
object_workprovince, object_workpostalcode, object_workcountry,
object_otherstreet, object_otherpob, object_othercity,
object_otherprovince, object_otherpostalcode, object_othercountry,
object_department, object_manager, object_assistant, object_tz,
object_email, object_homephone, object_homephone2, object_homefax,
object_workphone, object_workphone2, object_cellphone,
object_carphone, object_radiophone, object_companyphone,
object_assistantphone, object_fax, object_pager, object_title,
object_role, object_company, object_logo, object_logotype,
object_category, object_notes, object_url, object_freebusyurl,
object_pgppublickey, object_smimepublickey, object_imaddress,
object_imaddress2, object_imaddress3 FROM turba_objects WHERE
(object_email = 'user at domainb.com' AND owner_id ='user at domainb.com') [pid
27687 on line 558 of "/usr/share/php/Horde/Db/Adapter/Base.php"]

DEBUG: HORDE [imp] PGP Error: Could not PGP encrypt message: gpg:
user at domainb.com: skipped: public key not found [pid 27687 on line 27 of
"/usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Notification/Handler/Decorator/Hordelog.php"]

What I have done is to trying out the sql statement listed in the log.  The
result is that no record can be found when doing the query.  But if I omit
the condition object_email = "user at domainb.com", I can list out the record
of user at domaina.com.

I suspect the problem may lie in how the record is added to the address
book (turba_object) or / and how to query is done when looking for the
public key during composition.

Please help.

Thanks.

Kinglok, Fong