[horde] "Failed to download" and "deprecated" messages when upgrading Horde

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Sun Nov 3 21:08:25 UTC 2013

Quoting "Mauricio Jose T. Tecles" <mtecles at biof.ufrj.br>:

> When upgrading Horde I get some "Failed to download" and
> "deprecated" messages. It is hard to test everything, but
> Horde/Imp/Turba seem to be working. What should I do?
>
> Horde 5.1.4 to Horde 5.1.5, on Debian 7 (up to date):
>
> pear upgrade -a -B -c horde
>
> Failed to download pear/Text_CAPTCHA within preferred state
> "stable", latest release is version 0.5.0, stability "beta", use
> "channel://pear.php.net/Text_CAPTCHA-0.5.0" to install
> Failed to download pear/Text_LanguageDetect within preferred state
> "stable", latest release is version 0.3.0, stability "alpha", use
> "channel://pear.php.net/Text_LanguageDetect-0.3.0" to install
> Failed to download pecl/ssh2 within preferred state "stable", latest
> release is version 0.12, stability "beta", use
> "channel://pecl.php.net/ssh2-0.12" to install
> Failed to download pecl/sasl within preferred state "stable", latest
> release is version 0.1.0, stability "alpha", use
> "channel://pecl.php.net/sasl-0.1.0" to install

These are harmless errors, from the point of getting a basic working
system.  Unfortunately, there is currently no way to install these
with a single PEAR command.  You can look at the dev lists for a
recent discussion about how we can fix this.

All of the above SHOULD be installed though, since they are tested and
used by Horde code, provided advanced features (and may actually be
required by certain code), so the "beta" and "alpha" states are
irrelevant from Horde's perspective.  You have to manually install
them by listing on the command line for now (e.g. "pear upgrade
channel://pear.php.net/Text_CAPTCHA-0.5.0")

> WARNING: "pear/Console_Getopt" is deprecated in favor of
> "pear/Console_GetoptPlus"

This is harmless.

michael