[horde] "Failed to download" and "deprecated" messages when upgrading Horde

Mauricio Jose T. Tecles mtecles at biof.ufrj.br
Mon Nov 4 21:52:48 UTC 2013

Citando Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

>> "channel://pear.php.net/Text_CAPTCHA-0.5.0" to install
>> "channel://pear.php.net/Text_LanguageDetect-0.3.0" to install
>> "channel://pecl.php.net/ssh2-0.12" to install
>> "channel://pecl.php.net/sasl-0.1.0" to install

> These are harmless errors, from the point of getting a basic working
> system.  Unfortunately, there is currently no way to install these
> with a single PEAR command.  You can look at the dev lists for a
> recent discussion about how we can fix this.
>
> All of the above SHOULD be installed though, since they are tested
> and used by Horde code, provided advanced features (and may actually
> be required by certain code), so the "beta" and "alpha" states are
> irrelevant from Horde's perspective.  You have to manually install
> them by listing on the command line for now (e.g. "pear upgrade
> channel://pear.php.net/Text_CAPTCHA-0.5.0")

I have them installed easily with your directions.
Thank you, Michael.

Now I read:

root at celula:/var/www# pear list
Installed packages, channel pear.php.net:
Package             Version State
Archive_Tar         1.3.7   stable
Auth_SASL           1.0.6   stable
Cache               1.5.6   stable
Console_Color       1.0.3   stable
Console_Getopt      1.3.1   stable
Console_Table       1.1.6   stable
DB                  1.7.14  stable
Date                1.4.7   stable
File_Find           1.3.2   stable
File_Fstab          2.0.3   stable
HTTP_Request        1.4.4   stable
Image_Text          0.7.0   beta
MDB2                2.4.1   stable
Math_BigInteger     1.0.0   stable
Net_DNS2            1.3.1   stable
Net_FTP             1.3.7   stable
Net_IMAP            1.1.2   stable
Net_SMTP            1.6.2   stable
Net_Sieve           1.3.2   stable
Net_Socket          1.0.14  stable
Net_URL             1.0.15  stable
Numbers_Words       0.16.4  beta
PEAR                1.9.4   stable
Services_Weather    1.4.7   stable
Structures_Graph    1.0.4   stable
Text_CAPTCHA        0.5.0   beta
Text_Figlet         1.0.2   stable
Text_LanguageDetect 0.3.0   alpha
Text_Password       1.1.1   stable
XML_SVG             1.1.0   stable
XML_Util            1.2.1   stable
sasl                0.1.0   alpha

root at celula:/var/www# pecl list
Installed packages, channel pecl.php.net:
Package  Version State
APC      3.1.13  beta
LZF      1.6.2   stable
geoip    1.0.8   stable