[horde] imap folder acl admin

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Nov 6 18:51:19 UTC 2013

Quoting Robert Schetterer <rs at sys4.de>:

> Am 06.11.2013 13:43, schrieb Jan Schneider:
>>
>> Zitat von Robert Schetterer <rs at sys4.de>:
>>
>>> Hi , when i want to edit some acl of an imap folder , i get
>>> "couldnt not auth as admin etc", however i have no admin section
>>> defined in backends.local.php , cause its not needed with dovecot
>>> for granting rights on own imap folders to other users, config a
>>> dovecot master user as "admin" only let grant rights to anyone
>>> Any Idea ?, this whole Admin Stuff with acl seems to me very
>>> cyrus related
>>
>> Correct, because this was the only IMAP server that supported
>> setting ACLs via IMAP commands at that time.
>
> Hi Jan ,just wonder why my horde3 install runs fine since years with
> dovecot acl...

It used to work fine.  I use Dovecot.  But for some reason I decided
to grab the list by going through an IMP application API call (via the
registry) rather than just calling the code directly, so it became
impossible to distinguish between the exception thrown because an
admin user wasn't configured vs. an exception thrown because the
configured admin user wasn't correct.

fixed in 6.1.6.

michael