[horde] Horde IMP Search

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Nov 12 01:42:27 UTC 2013

Quoting sovannaroth <vannarothtakeo at gmail.com>:

> Hi,
> If you go to Inbox, you will search see the search that will search Entire
> Message after you input word to search. What I want is instead of telling
> user to select search by Subject before they input the word to search, could
> we set default search to search by Subject? I have compare the performance
> of response result when I have a lot of emails Inbox and it show the search
> by subject is more effective and fast.

Subject will of course be the faster search, because it has a smaller
search space.  But it's not very useful when the search term isn't
actually contained in the Subject search.  Making it the default
doesn't seem to be very useful (Entire Message makes much more sense,
since it doesn't require knowledge of *where* the search term occurs
in the message).

Additionally, the search criteria is saved between sessions for this
search.  So if you truly only want to search for Subject every time,
you only have to switch once.  That seems sufficient for now.

michael