[horde] activesync with android 4.3: it works?

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Sat Nov 16 09:52:36 UTC 2013

Am 16.11.2013 09:26, schrieb Andreas Mauser:
> ----- Nachricht von Robert Schetterer <rs at sys4.de> ---------
>   Datum: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 08:56:06 +0100
>     Von: Robert Schetterer <rs at sys4.de>
> Betreff: Re: [horde] activesync with android 4.3: it works?
>      An: horde at lists.horde.org

>>> what could it be the problem?
>>>
>>> android say that my account doesn't have a calendar
>>>
>>> some hints to debug it?
>>>
>>> and it worked on my previous cellphone with android 2.3
>>>

>> that may not specific to an android version, its related to the
>> smartphone , which one do you have ?
>
> Just one question for me to understand - why you say its about the phone
> and not about the OS?

i.e ,i have an lg smartphone the mail app is not the native android
one, easy verified by email header send via active sync which includes
manufactor id stuff, so its common that stuff is somekind "branded" with
android smartphones

see list on

http://wiki.horde.org/ActiveSync

the reference client might be nexus android smartphones or google nexus
emulator

i.e like

http://xmodulo.com/2013/03/how-to-run-android-emulator-on-ubuntu-or-debian.html

so android version is only on part of the game, additional smartphone
device type should be checked, and perhaps look at the support sites of
smartphone producer for known bugs

as written at horde wiki

read article

What to do if you have problems (or How to help us help you)

> Thanks,
> Andreas

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer