[horde] login caseinsensitiv, database error

Anton Köstlbacher horde3 at dingsbums.org
Sat Nov 16 18:09:56 UTC 2013

Hi all,

one of my clients just ran into a problem, resulting in the error
message you find below. I can successfully reproduce the problem:

1) I created an account on the imap-server (horde authentication via
imp, imap server is dovecot), for example: "abc at domain.tld"

2) Then try to login as "Abc at domain.tld"

3) Results in an existing session, you can change to imp, but for portal
view horde gives an error message. See below.

Horde Webmail is 5.1.3. Is there a configuration option for
casesensitivity of horde usernames or is dovecot configured wrong or am
I doing something else wrong?

Thanks for your help!

Best regards,
Anton