[horde] ActiveSync and Nexus 5 / Kitkat

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Nov 16 20:46:56 UTC 2013

Quoting Robert Wagner <robert at duff.de>:

>> Quoting Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>>> I don't have a device capable of running KitKat to any appreciable
>>> extent, so I have not tested this. What kinds of problems are you
>>> having? Do you have a sync log?
>>
>> I have 2 nexus 5's, both have had problems, although I appear to
>> have fixed one without any idea as to how.
>>
>> Unfortunately problem occurs on the client side, and I've no idea
>> how to get a log of this:
>>
>> 1. initial sync appear to work fine:
>>  a) all the contacts appear
>>  b) recent inbox appears
>>  c) calendar seems to be up to date, but there isn't much of this
>> so I'm not sure
>>
>> 2. then (probably a min after the initial sync appears to have
>> finished) the contents of the contacts vanishes.
>>
>> 3. if I do anything to the client copy of the mailbox (ie delete or
>> read a message) and then try and sync the changes back to the
>> server, I get a blank mailbox (it says I have no messages),
>> sometimes "Exchange services" crashes on the device.
>>
>> 4. even if I don't make any changes as above, the mailbox will
>> appear empty sometime later
>>
>> Note that this was happening on both Nexus 5's, so I doubt its a
>> broken device.  If its a client bug I'm guessing its software.
>>

> Just FYI, received my Nexus 5 yesterday, i have exactly the same issues :(

These are pure AOSP devices, right? I've been testing KitKat via the
emulator and still can't reproduce this. If you provide a sync log I
can try to take a look and see what is going on. I thought I had a
sync log from earlier in the thread, but I can't find it...
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org