[horde] login caseinsensitiv, database error

Anton Köstlbacher horde3 at dingsbums.org
Mon Nov 18 14:37:15 UTC 2013

Am 16.11.2013 21:40, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:

> Quoting Anton Köstlbacher <horde3 at dingsbums.org>:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> one of my clients just ran into a problem, resulting in the error
>> message you find below. I can successfully reproduce the problem:
>>
>> 1) I created an account on the imap-server (horde authentication via
>> imp, imap server is dovecot), for example: "abc at domain.tld"
>>
>> 2) Then try to login as "Abc at domain.tld"
>>
>> 3) Results in an existing session, you can change to imp, but for
>> portal view horde gives an error message. See below.
>>
>> Horde Webmail is 5.1.3. Is there a configuration option for
>> casesensitivity of horde usernames or is dovecot configured wrong or
>> am I doing something else wrong?
>
> You need to create an authusername hook if your authentication backend
> is case insensitive, and your preference backend is case sensitive.  See
> horde/config/hooks.php.dist

I created the hook as described in the examples and it works perfectly!

One question though: Any idea how I could clean up the created
calendars, prefs etc. for the upper case logins (which happened before
activating the hook) from the sql backend? Is horde-remove-user-data
script case sensitive?

Thanks for your help and the great horde framework!