[horde] Translating - cannot find base Horde directories

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Nov 21 03:49:05 UTC 2013

Quoting Luis Felipe Marzagao <lfbm.andamentos at gmail.com>:

> Em 20-11-2013 17:04, Michael M Slusarz escreveu:
>> Quoting Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

>>> You can't do this anymore - Horde is required.
>>
>> Meant to include this:
>>
>> https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/f7174f6ce9b19e5f7345d1b7ceff9e7c49f0aa83 I have no idea whether it was previously intentional to allow horde-translation to be run without Horde being installed.  (If so, then horde-translation most definitely shouldn't be living in horde/bin/, since everything else in there requires a horde installation.  And the version information needs to be removed from the output if horde isn't
>> available.)
>>

> If I recall correctly, horde-translation was not meant to be run
> against installed horde because it would miss the framework packages
> (due to the diferrent path tree structure between git repo and
> installed horde).

horde-translation made some incorrect assumptions about how to access
an application's Application.php file - it assumed that the
bootstrapping process didn't need registry and autoloading access.
But that is flat-out incorrect - there has never been such
limitations.  It conveniently hasn't been an issue before, not because
the code is correct but simply because no application used these
features.  But now IMP 6.2 requires such things as autoloading in its
bootstrap code, so horde-translation fatally exits.

So I fixed by not losing the functionality in horde-translation.php.
Jan is the translation expert, so it is more of his call whether he
would rather build translations without version information.

michael