[horde] IMP 6.1.5 Can't send a message via smtp (issue with HEHLO error 502)

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Thu Nov 21 05:10:52 UTC 2013

Quoting gerard breiner <gerard.breiner at ias.u-psud.fr>:

> Michael, I applied the patch you advice me, it is a good idea, but I
> can't still send a message. Nevertheless the exception is now 354 .
> As I print the exception $e and also the $replycode the logs  gives
> me more informations as shown below :
>
> [LOG]
> HORDE [imp] Une erreur est survenue lors de l'envoi du message : End
> data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF> [pid 16998 on line 27 of
> "/www/horde5/pear/php/Horde/Core/Notification/Handler/Decorator/Hordelog.php"]
> 2013-11-20T14:46:26+01:00 DEBUG: HORDE [imp] Unexpected output when
> creating AJAX reponse: FLAG2----220

Original server greeting

> FLAG2----502

BAD EHLO

> FLAG2----250

Successful HELO

> FLAG2----250

Successful MAIL FROM

> FLAG2----250

Successful RCPT TO

> FLAG2----354

Successful DATA

This is all correct.

> FLAG1 exception 'Horde_Smtp_Exception' with message 'End data with
> <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>' in /www/horde5/pear/php/Horde/Smtp.php:808

I have no idea how this is happening.  We obviously send a CRLF
surrounded period to end the transaction, since this works for
everyone else.

You will need to provide a debug log of the SMTP exchange to debug
further (see imp/config/backends.php).  And you should post this on a
ticket on bugs.horde.org, which is more appropriate to debug than this
list.

michael