[horde] White Screen after Upgrade

Chris cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com
Mon Nov 25 23:54:46 UTC 2013

On 11/25/2013 05:43 AM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Chris <cjdl01 at brokensolstice.com>:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just upgraded horde today, and something obviously went awry. When
>> going there in Firefox, I get nothing but a white screen. When going
>> there in chrome, I get " HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An
>> unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting
>> to fulfill the request", and when visiting in IE, I get "The website
>> cannot display the Page..." another 500 error.
>>
>> I have been looking in the logs, and I have this in my horde.log:
>>

>> 2013-11-24T19:45:01+00:00 DEBUG: HORDE Load config file (hooks.php;
>> app: kronolith) [pid 2534 on line 402 of "/usr/share/php/Horde.php"]
>>
>> Which doesn't seem like an issue, since I'm not running any of the
>> afore mentioned complaints (whups, herme, jonah, klutz, kolab, etc.).
>>
>> And I'm getting this spat out in my apache2 error.log file every time
>> I try to visit the site:
>> [Sun Nov 24 14:47:03 2013] [error] [client PHP Fatal error: Class
>> 'kronolith_Hooks' not found in /usr/share/php/Horde/Core/Hooks.php on
>> line 88, referer: https://www.myserver.com/horde/services/portal/
>
> You have a hooks.php file but it doesn't contain the Kronolith_Hooks
> class.

Okay.  I think I found this.  Thanks for the clarification, Jan. Once I
saw how the class was defined, I was able to find it.

/var/www/horde/kronolith/configs/hooks.php is the file in question. It
looks like my working original got squashed from the upgrade.

I changed the following lines (by uncommenting):

//class Kronolith_Hooks
//{
     /**
      * Adds user-defined AJAX action handlers.
      *
      * @param string $action         The AJAX action.
      * @param Horde_Variables $vars  The URL parameters.
      *
      * @return mixed  The data to send to the browser (will be JSON
encoded).
      * @throws Horde_Exception
      */
//     public function ajaxaction($action, $vars)
//     {
//        switch ($action) {
//        case 'Foo':
//            return 'bar';
//        }

//        throw new Horde_Exception('Unknown action');
//     }

//}

into:

class Kronolith_Hooks
{
     /**
      * Adds user-defined AJAX action handlers.
      *
      * @param string $action         The AJAX action.
      * @param Horde_Variables $vars  The URL parameters.
      *
      * @return mixed  The data to send to the browser (will be JSON
encoded).
      * @throws Horde_Exception
      */
//     public function ajaxaction($action, $vars)
//     {
//        switch ($action) {
//        case 'Foo':
//            return 'bar';

//        throw new Horde_Exception('Unknown action');
//     }

}

Though I don't really understand why I needed to do it.  I'm not really
using any hooks.

Thanks.

-Chris