[horde] Horde 5 - install without Pear

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Tue Nov 26 17:09:40 UTC 2013

Quoting chrisgame333 at interia.pl:

> Is it possible to install Horde 5 without Pear? I have a virtual
> host with access to the DirectAdmin control panel only. Please reply.

You are going to find it very difficult to install Horde without any
type of shell access. If you have FTP, you might be able to get away
with uploading the /horde directory from another, local, host but
there are likely to still be problems with include paths, directory
permissions, web server access to the directory and the like.

If you have shell access but can't use pear for some reason, your
choices are to use distribution packages (like RPMs etc...), Bitnami,
or a Git install.
--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)