[horde] hordeauth via imap works, but not for ActiveSync

Dr. Andreas Kluge Andreas.Kluge at hrz.tu-freiberg.de
Thu Nov 28 16:27:12 UTC 2013

Thank you for your fast reaction.
It was was very important for me that this constellation works and it
couldn’t be a bug.
Excuse me that I in my frustration thought that it cold only be a bug.
I enabled imap-Debug-logging. All actions of horde-logon and
IMP-activities were shown but nothing for ActiveSync. Also not any
debug file for ActiveSync was created.
Then I checked all the configuration files a last time (after I
checked them over an over) an I found the problem in backends.local.php.
I forgot to disable the imap-server, which was defined as an example
in backends.php.
This first defined server (though it was defined with ‚hordeauth =>
false“) was used for ActiveSync-Connections.
The line „$servers['imap']['disabled'] = true;“ in backends.local.php
solved the problem.
Many thanks for your help.

Best regards

Andreas