[horde] Preauthenticate Hook - problems with retrieving $userId

Florian Schmidt florian.schmidt787 at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 30 11:21:32 UTC 2013

Hi all,

I want to use the preauthenticate hook in order to allow only certain users
to login. Thus, my approach is (like in the examples) to use the $userId
and return true or false in the preauthenticate hook depending on the
$userId.
But my problem is, that the $userId is not set.
if I dump all variables in php with var_dump(get_defined_vars()) within the
preauthenticate hook, I get the following:
array(2) { ["userId"]=> bool(false) ["credentials"]=> array(1) {
["authMethod"]=> string(11) "transparent" } }

In general horde is working fine.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Best regards
Flo