[horde] CardDAV: Desired Export of Empty Fields?

Martin Felis martin at silef.de
Wed Dec 11 10:29:29 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am a very happy user of Horde5 which now finally allows me to sync
contacts with my android phone (almost) without hassle using CardDAV
by Marten Gajda. Yeehaa!

It seems that Horde and CardDAV have some problems as for nearly all my
contacts I have Anniversaries and Birthdays on 1.1.1970. After looking
at the files exported at

  https://<horde-server>/rpc.php/addressbooks/<user>/contacts:<stuff>/

it seems as if the exported vcf files have way more fields with empty
values than the contact contains. I guess CardDAV gets mixed up by this
and interprets the values as 0s and therefore date 1.1.1970. I have
attached an exemplary vcf file.

It is definitely disputable where the problem should be fixed,
nevertheless I wanted to ask wether this is intentional and whether it
could be fixed.

Thank you for all your work, Horde5 is great!

Cheers,
Martin