[horde] Setting permissions of (static) files created by Horde

Erik Quaeghebeur horde at equaeghe.nospammail.net
Thu Dec 12 10:18:57 UTC 2013

Hi,

I enabled caching for CSS and js. The necessary files were generated in
the static directory, but could not be accessed by the browser due to
file permissions:

from log/apache/error.log:

[core:error] [pid 384:tid 2976840611584] (13)Permission denied: [client
<ip addr>:17957] AH00132: file permissions deny server access:
/srv/data/web/vhosts/<url>/htdocs/static/c740961c98dd5a72bf049e560ddc70c9bd96882f.js,
referer:
https://<url>/services/help/?module=admin&show=entry&topic=admin-sqlshell

After manually doing "chmod -R +r" on the Horde installation on the
server, the static file can be accessed. The problem is of course that I
would need to do this every time such a file is changed/created.

Can I configure Horde to set the correct permissions itself or is this a
server (Apache 2.4 w/PHP 5.4) issue. In both cases it would be useful to
get concrete pointers to what I need to do where.

Thanks,

Erik