[horde] Moving web away from mail server

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Wed Dec 25 17:11:29 UTC 2013

  Hi,

----- Nachricht von mrubinsk at horde.org ---------
  Datum: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 09:50:38 -0500
    Von: mrubinsk at horde.org
Betreff: RE: [horde] Moving web away from mail server
     An: Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>, horde at lists.horde.org

> Other than the normal horde configuration,  you would just have to point
> imp/config/backends.local.php to your mailserver box.

I did that, but I get a 'Connection to E-Mail server failed'

..the complete row:
- move config files to new webserver - restart, works
- move web content to new webserver (also Horde) - restart, works
- got white page instead of login - installed Horde over the existing
(copied) installation
- restarted webserver, works.
- got login errors - correctly dumped database and imported it on new
webserver - restarted all and it works.
- now I get the login screen correctly and set

// IMAP server
$servers['imap'] = array(
     // ENABLED by default; will connect to IMAP port on local server
     'disabled' => false,
     'name' => 'IMAP Server',
     'hostspec' => '10.12.24.22', //which is the IP of my mail serve
     'hordeauth' => false,
     'protocol' => 'imap',
     'port' => 143,
     // Plaintext logins are disabled by default on IMAP servers (see RFC 3501
     // [6.2.3]), so TLS is the only guaranteed authentication available by
     // default.
     'secure' => 'tls',
);

in the backends.php file (will move to .local.php later when it works)

Any idea whats missing?
How is Horde authenticating on the mail server side? I can not see any
attempt in its logs.

Thank you,
Andreas