[horde] Moving web away from mail server

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Wed Dec 25 18:12:12 UTC 2013

----- Nachricht von Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info> ---------
   Datum: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 18:11:29 +0100
     Von: Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>
Betreff: Re: [horde] Moving web away from mail server
      An: mrubinsk at horde.org
      Cc: horde at lists.horde.org

> Hi,
>
> ----- Nachricht von mrubinsk at horde.org ---------
>   Datum: Wed, 25 Dec 2013 09:50:38 -0500
>     Von: mrubinsk at horde.org
> Betreff: RE: [horde] Moving web away from mail server
>      An: Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>, horde at lists.horde.org
>
>> Other than the normal horde configuration,  you would just have to point
>> imp/config/backends.local.php to your mailserver box.
>
> I did that, but I get a 'Connection to E-Mail server failed'

I now can confirm that Horde does not try to connect to the
Mailserver-IP I put in backends.local.

I just enabled dovecot on the same machine as the new web server and
Horde trying to connect to this local imap server (saying wrong user
an password, which is OK because mailserver run on another machine).

Andreas