[horde] AS not downloading emails

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Dec 27 02:12:37 UTC 2013

Quoting Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>:

> ----- Message from mrubinsk at horde.org ---------
>    Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 20:50:08 -0500
>    From: mrubinsk at horde.org
>    Subject: RE: [horde] AS not downloading emails
>    To: Simon Wilson <simon at simonandkate.net>, horde at lists.horde.org
>
>> I'm actually in the process of fixing this now. Though you are
>> still going to probably have issues with attachments.  Seems to be
>> a nasty bug in the 4.3 and 4.4 email app.
>>
>> mike
>> Sent from mobile
>>

> This top / bottom posting should confuse everyone :)

Indeed. A major annoyance for me with most ActiveSync email clients.
Decided to walk the 20 feet to my home office to type this :)

> Thanks Mike, I should have known you'd be on it. I don't have any
> issues with attachments on my S4 with the Samsung 4.3 email client,
> they work fine.

You are lucky. Quite a number of users on quite a number of different
4.3 devices are not able to download attachments. For me, it works if
I have selected to automatically download them while connected to wifi
(and I am actually connected via wifi). If I'm on cellular data, or
that option is not selected, manually trying to download the
attachment fails. I, along with a bunch of others, have open issues
with Google on this.

> And I can download and view attachments on the Xperia tablet, even
> though I can't view the actual email content!

I pushed a fix that reads the incoming data for the schema element.
I'm still not sure what (if anything) we need to do with that data.
This should (hopefully) be enough to allow the client to continue the
sync.

Let me know if this works. Also, would be helpful to me if I could see
what your device is sending in that element once it starts syncing
properly for you.

--
mike
Horde Project