[horde] passwd and forced changes

Simon B simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 16:01:25 UTC 2014

Hi

I use SQL as a backend - consequently Horde tells me I cannot list or
add users.  That's all well and good and I have no wish to move to
Kolab or LDAP.  However, what I would like is the ability to force
users to change their password - either at first log in, perhaps at a
pre-defined interval or possibly just when I decide (for example, the
account is compromised, I reset the password, but would then like the
user to change it again).

Whilst I can see why the SQL backend can't be used for adding users
(this should actually be possible, perhaps by intergrating
phpmyadmin?), I can't see why it can't list the users (and therefore
allow me to put a tick next to the ones I want to force to change the
password).  rampage_users lists all the users that have logged in, so
surely that's the list it should display, no?

What would it cost to implement this enhancement?

Thanks.

Simon