[horde] EMERG: HORDE-BETA Missing required state object [pid 15927 on line 122 of "/usr/share/git-horde5/framework/ActiveSync/lib/Horde/ActiveSync/Driver/Base.php"]
simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Thu Jan 2 16:28:16 UTC 2014
On 2 January 2014 15:58, Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 31 December 2013 17:09, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:
>> Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>>> On 26 December 2013 19:03, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> wrote:
>>>> Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>>>>> On 25 December 2013 21:34, Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
>>>>>> Quoting Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>>>>>>> Since the last git pull that I did on Sunday I have this in my logs..
>>>>>>> 2013-12-22T06:31:39+00:00 EMERG: HORDE-BETA [horde] Missing required
>>>>>>> state object [pid 15927 on line 122 of
>> Ensure your ActiveSync configuration is completely up to date, and the
>> storage choices make sense for your install. I.e., if you are using SQL,
>> make sure the database is correct. If you are using NoSql, make sure that
>> Mongo is setup properly.
> Happy New Year Michael!
> I've looked at this several times - and if there's something missing
> from the config I cannot find it. As I mentioned, the admin/config
> page reports the DB schema is all up-to-date (if that's what you mean
> by making sure the DB is correct). What could I do to verify that? I
> am using SQL. Although I see no mention of storage for
> So, on faith, I decided to let the admin/config page generate a new
> config after making my config 660 (it's usually 640).
> And sure enough storage for ActiveSync now appears in the config. I
> know how this happened, but not why.
> As recounted before, my git-update script does a weekly pull on Sunday
> and reruns install_dev. Then, if things stop working I go in and see
> if the config needs changing (which I have to do manually, because the
> config is not writeable by Apache). Usually, the only thing that need
> changing is the $Id - but I use the show differences to make sure.
> Since the update 3 days before Christmas, that hasn't been working for
> me. I get an error that says:
> No available configuration data to show differences for.
> I'm not sure why that is - had that been working I would have seen
> that you'd added Storage parameters for ActiveSync and made the
> necessary edits. Should the show differences code be working? Is it
> being retired? Do you need more information from me to debug that?
> Once again, I'd like to call for a subtle UI change (in the colour of
> the tabs) when new parameters have been added. That too would have
> alerted me to which area I should have been investigating (because of
> course once the DB schema showed up as not needing updating, I wasn't
> in a position to think it might be a storage config issue).
> Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though :)
So, no more errors in the log and admin/activesync.php is available again.
However, my username/password is being refused on the devices. I've
double and triple checked the input.
There's no error in any of the logs - not the apache one, not the
horde one and not the dovecot one.
The (Android) phone says:
Username/Password incorrect. (Authentication failed.)
The iPhone says:
Exchange Account. Unable to verify account information
IMAP is working.
Without a meaningful error, I have nowhere to look.
More information about the horde