[horde] Migration from Horde 3.3.11 to Horde5.1.5

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Jan 6 10:05:30 UTC 2014

Zitat von "Mauricio Jose T. Tecles" <mtecles at biof.ufrj.br>:

> I have been using Horde for more than 10 years, upgrading from time
> to time to stable releases, but I missed Horde 4.
>
> Now I am testing upgrading to Horde 5.1.5 from:
>
> Mnemo H3 (2.2.4)
> Kronolith H3 (2.3.5)
> Turba H3 (2.3.5)
> Imp H3 (4.3.9)
> Mimp H3 (1.1.3)
> Ingo H3 (1.2.5)
> Horde 3.3.11
>
> I know, it's pretty old, my bad!
>
> First I installed a fresh Horde 5.1.5 and its applications
> installation (by pear) and verified that everything was running OK,
> on a test server. Then, in short:
>
> - I recover the old Horde DB (Mysql)
> - Removed /var/www/horde/*/config/conf.php
> - cp  conf.php.dist   conf.php (on horde/config)
> - Enter Horde to configure DB, horde user and password
> - Applied: horde-db-migrate  >  HordeDNMigrateH311H515.txt, that
> last for about 10 to 15 minutes, and generated a 103MB text file
> (HordeDNMigrateH311H515.txt)
> - Refreshed configuration page
> - Continue with configurations (and all DB updated)
> - copied kronolith-convert-to-utc.php to  /var/www/horde/kronolith/migration/
> - changed to  /var/www/horde/kronolith/migration/
> - run: php  kronolith-convert-to-utc.php
>
> Everything seems to be working fine on the new installation (Horde
> 5.1.5) with all my information from old DB there!
>
> This shows the commitment of Horde team. Congratulations and thank
> you very much!
>
> Of course, I did try several times before getting into this and I've
> find that after the migration there are some difference in Turba
> turba_objects table:
>
> +-----------------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
> | Field                 | Type         | Null | Key | Default | Extra |
> +-----------------------+--------------+------+-----+---------+-------+
> Horde3.3.11 Turba2.3.5 -> Horde5.1.5 Turba4.1.3 (71 objects):
>
> | object_members        | blob         | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> | object_id             | varchar(32)  | NO   | PRI |         |       |
> | owner_id              | varchar(255) | NO   | MUL |         |       |
> | object_homepostalcode | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> | object_workpostalcode | varchar(255) | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
>
> Horde5.1.5 Turba4.1.3 (fresh installation, 71 objects):
>
> | object_members         | text         | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> | object_id              | varchar(32)  | NO   | PRI | NULL    |       |
> | owner_id               | varchar(255) | NO   | MUL | NULL    |       |
> | object_homepostalcode  | varchar(10)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
> | object_workpostalcode  | varchar(10)  | YES  |     | NULL    |       |
>
> Although it is working, after migration Turba:
>
> - object_members did not get converted from blob to text.

Turba 2 had it inconsistently TEXT or BLOB columns on different
database versions. It doesn't matter much because the value should
only contain ASCII code, but we should probably convert to TEXT
generally.

> - object_id and owner_id have no NULL default.

Doesn't matter much, because of the semantics.

> - object_homepostalcode and object_workpostalcode are 255 chars not
> 10 chars long.

Doesn't matter much either, you can manually shorten the column width
if you like.

> - Several new objects where created all right.
>
> What should I do, considering the differences?
>
> Mauricio

Jan Schneider
The Horde Project
http://www.horde.org/