[horde] Horde/Kronolith/Dav & Shared Calendars

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Fri Jan 10 17:31:04 UTC 2014

Hello, firstly, I would like to thank you for Horde.  I am in the
process of migrating from an EGroupware-based groupware solution to
Horde 5.1.5 with the groupware components.  So far, and with some
hefty Googling, I have almost everything working as expected.

1. Users, authentication, and pre-authentication hooks (id, from_addr,
fullname) via an external FreeIPA (LDAP) server.
2. Groups stored in Horde (SQL)
3. Turba with shared addressbooks, etc.
4. Everything except...

I have run across a snag though in that I cannot seem to get "shared"
calendars to become available via the CalDAV interface.  Again, with
some extensive Googling, I was able to reach
http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/12380 and
https://github.com/horde/horde/commit/83c961a5bbd28a41f9d897ae827bee00b628d59b
which lead me to believe that there is a workaround and that my users
*should* be able to see each others' calendars via CalDAV, so long as
they have been shared in Horde/Kronolith.

As "auser" I have created a calendar which I edit permissions and
allow "mygroup" (which contains "auser" and buser" members) to "read
and edit the events."

Using either Kontact/Korganizer/Akonadi or CalDav-sync (Android), as
"buser", when logging into http://example.com/horde/rpc/ I am only
able to retrieve my own "buser" calendar and task list.

When I browse the DAV interface as "buser," using the subscription URL
https://example.com/horde/rpc/calendars/buser/calendar:qmXKW9x9hZFr7VvyL1Wej1V/ I get the
error:

<d:error xmlns:d="DAV:" xmlns:s="http://sabredav.org/ns">
<s:exception>Sabre\DAVACL\Exception\NeedPrivileges</s:exception>
<s:message>
User did not have the required privileges ({DAV:}read) for path
"calendars/auser/calendar:qmXKW9x9hZFr7VvyL1Wej1V"
</s:message>
<s:sabredav-version>1.8.7</s:sabredav-version>
<d:need-privileges>
<d:resource>
<d:href>
/horde/rpc/calendars/auser/calendar:aOtncQmkqMfKx2D1R6ZlwA7
</d:href>
<d:privilege>
<d:read/>
</d:privilege>
</d:resource>
</d:need-privileges>
</d:error>

Please let me know if I am misunderstanding the commit message,
indicating to me that I *should* be able to see others' shared
calendars via CalDAV, if there is some other permission or
configuration issue that I might be missing, or any debugging
information that might be helpful.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Anthony

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E