[horde] Setting of $conf['umask'] = 027 ignored for $conf['log']['type'] = 'file';

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Thu Jan 30 21:40:43 UTC 2014

Citeren Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

> Quoting Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:
>
>> In my horde/config/conf.php I have
>>
>>  $conf['umask'] = 027;
>>
>> and
>>
>>  $conf['log']['type'] = 'file';
>>  $conf['log']['name'] = '/var/tmp/horde.log';
>>
>> Yet the log file that is created, has the following permissions:
>>
>>  -rw-r--r-- 1 wwwrun www 142941 Jan 30 21:28 /var/tmp/horde.log
>>
>> The fact that it is created with world readable permissions
>> confuses me. Why is that?
>
> Because Horde's umask configuration option is not an absolute umask
> - it is applied on TOP of the default system umask (generally 0022,
> but can be different).

Now that is what confuses me. Whatever the system defaults are,
applying a umask of 027 would mean that the log file would NOT be
world readable. Yet it is. Other files created have the expected
permissions, so the umask is used, just not for the log file. The only
reason I can think of, is that the log file is created before the
umask is applied.