[horde] Outlook (+ iPhone) via ActiveSync asks for password

do9man do9man at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 14:15:23 UTC 2014

My server is set to use full email address and I want to leave it.  I used of
course the full address in Mail, but they seem to ignore it. Fortunately
Mail tries it than with the full name and no error is seen in the app, just
logs on server. I will report it Microsoft, I think.

But back to my problem with *asking for password*:

There were 3 factors to solve it (yes, it workls now!).
1. There was a bug in Plesk, they solved it yesterday. This update helped a
bit.
2. I had too short timeout in my nginx proxy. I set /proxy_read_timeout
3000;/ in my nginx.conf and it helped a bit.
3. I had too many connections from localhost to imapd resulting in this
error in /mail.err/:
    /courier-imapd: Maximum connection limit reached for ::1/
   I set *MAXPERIP=40* (was 4, maybe other values are OK too) in
//etc/courier-imap/imapd/ and it finally helped.

After every step I had less CPU usage and less requests to provide a
password in Outlook / iPhone /Mail app.
Nr 2 is already in the Wiki but maybe it would help some people to put the
Nr 3 in the Horde Wiki? If you have many Clients on the server than horde is
making many connections.