[horde] problem ActiveSync Android Event with end date

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Fri Jan 31 15:50:28 UTC 2014

Quoting Steffen <skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de>:

> On Fri, 10 Jan 2014, Steffen wrote:
>
> I was banned from the list [many bounces], because spam protection
> refused messages from horde.org IPs for some time, therefore you get my
> response a bit late.
>
>> I have configured Android v4.2.2 to use MS Exchange with Horde 5,
>> Horde_ActiveSync          2.10.1   stable
>> all other Horde & Pear modules are up-to-date as of now.
>>
>> When I create an event with these information:
>>
>> 1. title
>> 2. location
>> 3. start date = 27th Jan 2014
>> 4. end date = start date
>> 5. start time 10:00
>> 6. end time 13:30
>> 7. repeat weekly / Monday
>> 8. each 4th week
>> 9. repeat ends at 24th Dec 2014
>>
>> that event blocks any further synchronization with Horde. It also true for
>> another repeat end date, e.g. 1st Dec 2014, which would be a Monday, that
>> event occurs on.
>>
>> If I delete that event and create one with:
>>
>> 9. repeat ends after 5 events
>> -or-
>> 9. repeat ends never
>>
>> synchronisation starts again.
>>
>> If I enter the end date 24th Dec 2014 in the Horde GUI, the event gets
>> sync'ed to the Android device and sync works successfully afterwards.
>>
>> Does someone has seen this behaviour, too?
>
> I'm using one ActiveSync device, before the test I killed all processes
> using the log file and removed the old one.
>
> I've added:
> 12:01 one no repeated event
> 12:02 event 12:01 becomes visable via CalDAV and GUI
> 12:03 one event repeated each 4th week end on 28th March

^^^ This event is NEVER sent to the server, at least not in the log
you posted.

> 12:05 one event no repeat
> 12:07 remove repeated event
> 12:08 event 12:05 becomes visable via CalDAV, not visable in GUI
>
> When the repeated event 12:03 is enterred, there are no further
> logentries "Refreshing @Calendar@ from the cache" or "Using SYNCSTAMP
> 27063 for @Calendar at ." a.s.o.
>
> Most interessting is that the time stamp gets 1 hour back ??? From 12:04
> to 11:04. It's another PID. During that phase, no Calendar entries in
> the log. I also had log entries another time with a line:
> Skipping @Calendar@ because it is not PINGable.
>
> Then there is a jump in the hour again with the same PID at the time
> I remove the repeated event:
> 2014-01-30T11:08:01+00:00 DEBUG: [1671] I       </Data>
> 2014-01-30T11:08:01+00:00 INFO: [1671]
> Horde_Core_ActiveSync_Driver::changeMessage(@Calendar@,  ...)
> 2014-01-30T12:08:01+01:00 INFO: [1671] Updating state during change
> 2014-01-30T12:08:01+01:00 DEBUG: [1671] I      </Add>
>
> And with the "12" hour logs, the "Calendar" stuff appears again.
>
> The log is attached

I have no idea what is going on. Your synclog also seems to indicate
your client is issuing multiple, identical requests. Given the fact
that the event in question is not even sent to the server from the
client, this seems like a client bug.

--
mike
The Horde Project