[horde] Solved as bug in client (was Re: new tests for Re: problem ActiveSync Android Event with end date)

Steffen skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Thu Feb 6 07:40:19 UTC 2014

On Wed, 5 Feb 2014, Michael J Rubinsky wrote:

Dear Michael,

> Since this happens right after the first access to the Calendar API, it
> sounds like the user's timezone settings are different than that of the
> default PHP timezone. Kronoilth sets the default timezone, and this is
> probably affecting the logging output. It's only formatting though. The
> timestamps themselves don't change when the timezone setting is changed.

many thanks for your clarifications.

As it turned out, it is a client issue, but not with the Exchange
(Android) code, but the 3rd party calendar app. The stock app of my v4.2
device does not allow an end of the repeat at all and on the Nexus5 the
Google calendar app from the Play store works.

Sorry for the fuss.

--
Steffen