[horde] Invalid UTF-8 sequence in argument

Lukas Haase lukashaase at gmx.at
Sat Feb 8 10:17:58 UTC 2014

Hi all,

After upgrading from Debians old horde+imp to horde groupware 5, I get
for some users the following messeages in the log:

HORDE: [horde] PHP ERROR: json_encode(): Invalid UTF-8 sequence in
argument [pid 8843 on line 314 of "/usr/share/php/Horde/Prefs/Scope.php"]

I looked in this file, tried to debug but I couldn't find the problem. I
do not want to reset their settings/preferences.

[ Furthermore, they complain that webmail "hangs" (blank page) in
Windows 7 after sending Mails. I can't reproduce that and I don't know
if it's related though it comes from the same users ]

Thanks
Luke