[horde] Mysql ssl connection problem

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Fri Feb 14 09:02:58 UTC 2014

Quoting woj woj <wojnas at gmail.com>:

>> Citeren woj woj <wojnas at gmail.com>:
>>

>>  Hello,
>>> i got problem with ssl connection to mysql server.
>>> It is different server for changing passwords.
>>> I checked horde and httpd log, and everything is allright.
>>> I also checked ssl connection to mysql and its ok.
>>> Certificate is readable by httpd user
>>>
>>> Here is my config/config.local.php
>>>

>> What file is this? As far as I know, the only config/config.php file used
>> by horde is under admin/config/config.php, but this does not contain
>> variables you can override. So what are you attempting to do here?
>>

>>  <?php
>>> $conf['wsql']['username'] = 'username';
>>> $conf['wsql']['password'] = 'password';
>>> $conf['wsql']['hostspec'] = 'srv_addres';
>>> $conf['wsql']['port'] = 3306;
>>> $conf['wsql']['protocol'] = 'tcp';
>>> $conf['wsql']['database'] = 'databasename';
>>> $conf['wsql']['charset'] = 'utf-8';
>>> $conf['wsql']['ssl'] = true;
>>> $conf['wsql']['ca'] = '/patch/to/cert.pem';
>>>

>> A certification authority (that's what the 'ca' probably stands for) is
>> not the same as a client certificate. I'm not even sure Horde is able to
>> use client certificates for authentication to a Sql server.
>>

>>  $conf['wsql']['splitread'] = false;
>>> $conf['wsql']['phptype'] = 'mysql';
>>>

>> Where is the 'wsql' from? I can't find any references to that in Horde.
>>

>>  P.s. I checked transmission by tcpdump, and everything is in cleartext
>>>

>> --
>>

> Arjen thanks for your answer.
>
> I have two mysql databases:
> 1. Localhost database for horde (no ssl).
> 2. Remote database on different host to reset passwords and activate
> vacations. (ssl is mandatory)
>
> I create file config.local.php in horde/config/  with definition for new
> variable for connection to different host.

Horde does not read any config.local.php file.  So that's not going to
do anything.

> In passwd configuration I use my on varibble $GLOBALS['conf']['wsql'] for
> configuration, and everything works ok, except ssl connection.
>
> $conf['wsql']['ca'] = is patch to bundle ca certificate.

This won't work either.  You configure a Passwd SQL backend in the
passwd/config/backends.local.php file.

You can't just start adding random config options to a configuration
file and expect them to do anything.

michael