[horde] horde_histories

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Feb 18 06:59:39 UTC 2014

Quoting Pete at turtle.com:

>  My horde_histories table is very large (6+ million records) and mysql
> logs many slow queries (>5 seconds) on this table. I have a couple
> questions:
>
> Can this table be pruned? For example can I delete all records older then
> n?

Sure.

> Is it normal for this table to be so big?

Depending on your usage, maybe.  You haven't told us what applications
you are running.

In IMP, for example, this feature is used to provide tracking of
forwards/replies.  But the entries are automatically trimmed when
messages are deleted, so the only way you can reach 6 million records
is if you are archiving a lot of messages (and have a lot of users).

michael