[horde] horde_histories

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Feb 18 21:17:56 UTC 2014

> Zitat von Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Pete at turtle.com:
>>
>>>  My horde_histories table is very large (6+ million records) and mysql
>>> logs many slow queries (>5 seconds) on this table. I have a couple
>>> questions:
>>>
>>> Can this table be pruned? For example can I delete all records older then
>>> n?
>>
>> Sure.
>>
>>> Is it normal for this table to be so big?
>>
>> Depending on your usage, maybe.  You haven't told us what
>> applications you are running.
>>
>> In IMP, for example, this feature is used to provide tracking of
>> forwards/replies.  But the entries are automatically trimmed when
>> messages are deleted, so the only way you can reach 6 million
>> records is if you are archiving a lot of messages (and have a lot
>> of users).
>>
>> michael
>> --
>>
>> ___________________________________
>> Michael Slusarz [slusarz at horde.org]
>
> Please note that the history entries are required for
> synchronization though. If you remove entries, it's no longer
> possible to detect which groupware entries have been changed since
> the last synchronization.

Yes.  Guess I hit send without making it clear.

The answer I meant to give is that removing history events won't
fatally break anything ... but obviously it may affect data return.
But it may be a necessary evil to trade off this full data integrity
for performance in a given situation.  (Another option would be to
help make the queries more efficient)

michael