[horde] timeout settings - horde.ajaxtimeout

Frank Richter frank.richter at hrz.tu-chemnitz.de
Wed Feb 19 09:42:45 UTC 2014

Hello,

> My horde installation is virtually error-free, but at every session,
> which takes longer than 5 minutes without activity, the following error
> appears, after clicking any link.
>
> */*-secure-{"msgs":[{"message":"\/services\/ajax.php\/horde\/login.php?url=/services/ajax.php/horde/&horde_logout_token=WN1sNuxcu7H5Bo8ur9LyOA7&logout_reason=6","type":"horde.ajaxtimeout"}],"response":false}*/*
>
> I have set no timeout. ( $conf[session][timeout] is 0)
>
> Trying to fix this bug, I set the timeout ( $conf[session][timeout] )
> lower than 5 minutes, the same error as above appears after the timeout
> and I get logged out.
> By setting the timeout ( $conf[session][timeout] ) higher than 5
> minutes, I will only be logged out (with the same error message) after
> clicking on any button.
>
> Can someone tell me, what I must adjust so the error never occurs?

Exactly the same error is driving our users - and me - crazy for some days now.

I upgraded to the latest packages one week ago, erverthing seemed to be
fine. 3 days later these errors came every once a while -
users have to restart their browsers, or delete Cookies.

I didn't change the config, which is:
$conf['session']['timeout'] = 0;
$conf['session']['timeout'] = 0;
$conf['session']['max_time'] = 0;

Though, I'm still using memcached (without problems until now).

In December Michael wrote on a similar question:
http://lists.horde.org/archives/horde/Week-of-Mon-20131209/050214.html

"Upgrade to Horde 5.2 when it comes out.  It was fixed there."

Is there a fix available in the meantime until 5.2 arrives?
Or any idea, where to look further?

If I understand it right, it has to do with token checking in
horde/services/ajax.php ...

Thanks in advance,
Frank

--