[horde] duplicate entries in horde_activesync_device

Ruud Baart r.j.baart at prompt.nl
Thu Feb 27 09:44:43 UTC 2014

Good day,

my horde installation is quite up-to-date (latest stable version with
postgres 9.1 database) but the first installation is a long time ago. I
reinstalled and updated the data several times. I think this history is
the reason for duplicate entries in the table horde_activesync_device.
E.g. I see a device_id "androidc1042748122" and also "ANDROIDC1042748122".

Although strictly speaking this is not a duplicate entry I see problems
in the active synchronisation which could be related to this
upper/lowercase duplicate entry. The active sync logfiles are huge (one
user gb/day). There are some other problems but I think the duplicate
entries in the table horde_activesync_device is one of them. Lot's of
messages like:

    2014-02-23T10:38:13+01:00 NOTICE: [24166] Error saving state for
    synckey {52fff2ce-9a20-42ae-81c8-6483ac170a01}20: SQLSTATE[23505]:
    Unique violation: 7 ERROR:  duplicate key value violates unique
    constraint "horde_activesync_state_pkey"

The questions:
- is it correct that the duplicate values (uppercase, lowercase ID's)
are not allowed
- the error as displayed is a result of these duplicate entries?
- I assume the those device_id that are not in the table
horde_activesync_device_users can be removed in the table
horde_activesync_device. Is this correct?

--

Regards,
Ruud Baart