[horde] [ingo] problem adding reason for vacation rule

Joerg Pulz Joerg.Pulz at frm2.tum.de
Thu Feb 27 19:59:37 UTC 2014

----- Message from Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> ---------
    Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2014 12:47:38 -0700
    From: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>
Subject: Re: [horde] [ingo] problem adding reason for vacation rule
      To: horde at lists.horde.org

> Quoting Joerg Pulz <Joerg.Pulz at frm2.tum.de>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> i have problems adding a vacation rule using ingo-3.2.0-git in
>> horde-5.2.0-git pulled from github yesterday.
>> Ingo is configured to use sieve backend.
>>
>> When i try to add a vacation rule, the input box for "Reason:" only
>> allows valid email addresses as text.
>> Normal descriptive text for the vacation reason just gives a red
>> error message left of the input field when pressing the "Save"
>> button like this:
>> #####
>> * Reason:
>> "This is my descriptive text why there is a vacation response." is
>> not a valid email address.
>> #####
>>
>> When i don't enter the descriptive text but enter one or more email
>> addresses in this field i can save the vacation rule without any
>> error.
>
> Sounds like http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/12818

----- End message from Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org> -----

No, there is no relation to #12818.
Just try to add a vacation rule and enter normal text in the "Reason:"
input box and try to save it.
You will get an error stating that the text you entered is not a valid
eMail address, which of course it is not.
Why should one enter only one ore more eMail addresses as reason for
the vacation?
For now, it's impossible to enter normal text as "Reason:".

Seems like the "Reason:" input box get's validated the same way as the
"My email addresses:" and "Addresses to not send responses to:" input
boxes which accept and should accept only valid eMail adresses but
"Reason:" should allow normal text.

Regards
Joerg