[horde] horde-prefs and missing Ingo settings

Steffen skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de
Fri Feb 28 10:46:55 UTC 2014

On Wed, 5 Feb 2014, Michael M Slusarz wrote:

>> I'm searching for a way to see and update user preferences via script
>> in current Horde 5.
>>
>> I have setup a conf file for horde-prefs like this:
>>
>> $ horde-prefs conf user print horde
>> ... some lines ...
>>
>> $ horde-prefs conf user print ingo
>> PHP Warning:  Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in
>> /usr/bin/horde-prefs on line 162
>>
>> If I print the ingo prefs for an user, I have migrated from Horde3, I see
>> Ingo prefs, but they won't update, if I change say the vacation message
>> in the GUI. It seems that horde-prefs is not using the Sql backend of
>> Ingo, but the deprecated "datatree".
>
> I have no idea how that could happen.  No datatree code exists anymore in
> Horde.

Ah, OK. That seems to point to the "problem". I've digged into the script
a little bit. The script only loads prefs from the horde_prefs table,
IMHO. My old users do have some Ingo settings there, that have been
migrated to app-specific tables now, but left in horde_prefs.

I don't know if other applications (Kronolith, ...) do have migrated
settings into own SQL tables as well.

Is it possible to upgrade the script, to run this script "as" the user
without password, then load the application and print / export / import
the prefs then?

--
Steffen