[horde] Horde Groupware Webmail Edition on Fedora 20

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Sun Mar 2 18:25:30 UTC 2014

On Sunday, March 02, 2014 01:04:21 PM Techswing33 wrote:
> If anyone is running Horde Groupware Webmail on an FC20 system in
> particular or Fedora in general please get back to me. I'm running in
> to various issues with setup.

I am.  Though I am installing everything that is *not* in the horde pear
channel via yum/rpm so that I can keep the updated Horde install "separate"
from the pre-packaged Horde RPMs from upstream Fedora, which are way out of
date.

I went through a series of trials and errors using the pear commands to find
out which dependencies are available already via php-pear-* or php-pecl-*
RPMs:

pear install -a -B horde/horde --pretend

I would then install the dependencies via yum/rpm.  When it was all said and
done, I had all of Horde's deps that don't come from the horde pear channel
installed via yum/rpm, then I would remove the "--pretend" from the above
command and actually install Horde:

pear install -a -B horde/horde

Also, rather than trying to install webmail in one swoop, I installed the
Horde framework, followed by each of the components I wanted included,
repeating the "--pretend" process described above.

I also do the same "--pretend" process when upgrading:

pear upgrade -a -B -c horde --pretend

to ensure I am not going to pull in updates from pear that will clobber RPMs.

Of note, I did all this on F19, and have since "yum upgraded" to F20 without
issue.

-A

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E