[horde] kronolith off-by-one-hour daylight savings time bug

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Mar 6 02:35:38 UTC 2014

Quoting Benjamin Rose <benrose at math.princeton.edu>:

> Ok, I've found the source of the problem and documented it in the
> same ticket:
>
> http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/12773
>
> Robert, with these findings you should be able to fix the issue in
> your installation.
>
> But Michael, I need some advice in writing a patch to permanently
> fix the issue for security-minded people with their webservers
> running SELinux and/or bounded by a restrictive firewall. I want to
> be able to load the tzdata in manually, which doesn't seem to
> currently work for me with a file:/// URI as defined in
> kronolith/config/conf.php. Please check out my full documentation in
> that ticket and let me know.

There was a bug in the Horde_Timezone package that prevented the
file:/// urls from being loaded correctly. This has been fixed in Git.

> Perhaps also instead of downloading the tzdata and caching it for a
> week we could make use of a package like:
>
> http://pecl.php.net/package/timezonedb

No. This extension provides the updated timezonedb that is used by php
internally. It is binary data that cannot be parsed into the format
that is needed to create the RRULEs for the vTIMEZONE structure - is
is one of the reasons that Horde_Timezone was developed in the first
place.

--
mike
The Horde Project