[horde] Syncing multiple, separate calendars in Outlook?

Guenter Bartsch guenter.bartsch at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 21:56:39 UTC 2014

all,

first of all: we're currently evaluating horde and outlook EAS sync is
really great!

one thing users keep asking about is syncing multiple calendars in
outlook. I hear Horde 5.2 will have support for multiple calendars
over ActiveSync by merging them, but we would like to keep them
separate. One use case would be a secretary who has write-access to
her boss' calendar and would like to be able to add and change
appointments in that calendar from her outlook client.

Would that be possible in 5.2 ? If not, are there plans to add such
features? Would that even be possible using ActiveSync, i.e. does
ActiveSync support syncing of more than one calendar - and if so, does
Outlook support that as well?

Or would Horde need to implement a MAPI connector of some sort to
support that? Are there other options?

Thanks - and keep up the good work!

   Guenter

PS: if additional work on horde is required to support any of these
features it would be very interesting for us to know how much effort
horde developers estimate such a feature would cost.