[horde] Syncing multiple, separate calendars in Outlook?

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Thu Mar 20 01:48:26 UTC 2014

Quoting Robert Schetterer <rs at sys4.de>:

> Am 19.03.2014 22:20, schrieb Guenter Bartsch:
>>> Merging of calenders is done as of now, this should work with all devices
>>> which are able to sync calenders at all. With Horde 5.2 it should be
>>> possible to sync multiple calenders without merging, if the device does
>>> support this Active Sync feature.
>>
>> wow, this is excellent news - and thanks for the quick reply!
>>
>> anyone happen to know if outlook supports this feature via ActiveSync?
>>
>> guenter
>>

> hm
>
> http://blogs.office.com/2012/11/15/put-the-power-of-outlook-2013-behind-your-outlook-com-email/

> Outlook uses EAS 14.0 or newer versions
>
> but as far i remember active sync is a "mode" in Outlook
> thats combined with one account only ever , which means only one active
> sync calendar, but it may work to add "other style" calendars
> but i am not sure , should be testable with recent exchange server
> versions and/or outlook.com service in active sync mode

When Horde is configured to do so, and the client supports it, Horde
sends the user's default calendar as the main sync calendar and
additional calendars as "other user defined" calendars. I don't have
the spec documents in front of me to provide the actual collection
type values, but it does work.
--
mike
The Horde Project