[horde] CalDAV timezone encoding of KDE PIM correct?

Anthony Messina amessina at messinet.com
Sat Mar 22 08:51:37 UTC 2014

On Thursday, March 20, 2014 11:11:19 AM Steffen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> following vcard is uploaded by KDE v4.8 PIM implementation,
> the Horde GUI displays the event one hour earlier at 08:50.
>
> Are the timezone data correct?

I have found the same issue using CalDAV with Kontact/Akonadi.  I have added
the following hack to strip out the VTIMEZONE stuff:

I've modified the updateCalendarObject function in
/usr/share/pear/Horde/Dav/Calendar/Backend.php to look like:

public function updateCalendarObject($calendarId, $objectUri, $calendarData)
{
    try {
        // Fix Akonadi/KOrganizer timezone issue by stipping timezone
information
        $calendarData = preg_replace('/BEGIN:VTIMEZONE.*END:VTIMEZONE/s', '',
$calendarData);
        return $this->_registry->callAppMethod(
            $this->_interface($calendarId),
            'davPutObject',
            array('args' => array($calendarId, $objectUri, $calendarData))
        );
    } catch (Horde_Exception $e) {
        throw new DAV\Exception($e->getMessage(), $e->getCode(), $e);
    }
}

I'm sure this isn't the right thing to do, but it 'fixes' the issue with
Horde/CalDAV and Kontact/Akonadi for me.  -A

8F89 5E72 8DF0 BCF0 10BE 9967 92DC 35DC B001 4A4E