[horde] Admin interface broken after upgrade to 5.1.4

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Sun Mar 23 18:57:34 UTC 2014

Citeren PSAS <lists at psas.ch>:

> On 3/22/14, 3:33 PM, Arjen de Korte wrote:
>> Citeren PSAS <lists at psas.ch>:
>>
>>> Why is the web-based UI showing me horde_5.1.5 while I know for a fact
>>> that I have horde_5.1.6 installed? Which part of my Horde install
>>> controls/monitors this type of match?
>>
>> How do you know horde-5.1.6 is installed? If the answer is 'pear tells
>> me that', be aware that it entirely possible that what pear thinks is
>> installed is different from what is actually installed in the directory
>> that is being used. You can copy over files manually (without using
>> pear) or you may have installed packages in different locations. The
>> version that is reported is in '<horde_dir>/lib/Application.php'.
>>

> Hi Arjen,
>
> Thanks for your weekend help, it is much appreciated.
>
> I now get the impression that I totally screwed up my Horde install with
> the latest update, b/c:
>
> In /usr/share/php/Horde/lib/:
>
> grep "public $version" Application.php
>     public $version = '5.1.6';
>
> In /var/www/horde/lib/:
>
> grep "public $version" Application.php
>     public $version = '5.1.5';
>
> How the fuck that happened is beyond my understanding. Horde's been
> smooth sailing since 5.0.4.

The above is usually the result of using different configurations when
running pear. For instance, Horde was initially installed as the user
running the webserver (wwwrun, www-data, whatever) but later the
update ran as root. Or a different pear configuration was specified on
the commandline (-c option).