[horde] Help! Followed the FAQ and still get 'User is not authorized'

David Benfell benfell at parts-unknown.org
Mon Mar 24 18:12:04 UTC 2014

Hi,

Let me see if I can get gmail to let me bottom-post....

On Mon, Mar 24, 2014 at 4:20 AM, Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>wrote:

> Citeren David Benfell <benfell at parts-unknown.org>:
>

>  This is on a new installation. I had managed to get through the first
>> round
>> of authorization problems (and I'm really not sure how), but now they've
>> come back. All of a sudden, it's going nuts
>>
> <snip>

> This usually someone has created a bookmark and attempts to visit that.
>
>     https://example.com/horde/imp/dynamic.php?page=mailbox#msg:whatever
>
> This won't work. They should bookmark the portal page instead.

Right now I'm the only user. I can't even log in to just
https://mail.parts-unknown.org/horde. It logs me out instantly.

And I've never been able to even log into the IMP application for any
length of time. I think the first time I went in, it let me see that it
existed, and that's when my problems began. Now I can't get into horde at
all.

Three things seem to be happening here that, at least in my security
environment, are completely and totally inappropriate:

1) I have no control over session expiration. I don't even need to worry
about session expiration. I do not use public computers. I have one other
user, who also does not use public computers (and doesn't even yet know
about horde on my server so isn't using it). I don't need this at all, but
adjusting supposedly relevant php variables has no effect. (This is PHP
5.4.26, by the way, and the advice seems to be for PHP 4.)

2) It wants me to log in again when I select the calendar, addressbook, or
mail tabs. This shouldn't be necessary and I can't imagine a situation
where it would be.

3) I don't seem to have the option to just start fresh, logging in to a new
session. Somehow it remembers where I was and usually tries to put me back
there (which was a forced logout).

Thanks!