[horde] Horde_History has boolean auth() -> Re: in horde_histories history_who = 'f'

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Mar 26 14:16:53 UTC 2014

> Quoting Steffen <skhorde at smail.inf.fh-bonn-rhein-sieg.de>:

>>> Possible solution: clear the Injector binding map after
>>> authentication? Although there is currently no way of doing this.
>>> Although... I guess we could destroy the global $injector variable
>>> and re-create.  No idea whether this would cause problems
>>> elsewhere though.
>>>
>>> Or else don't log entries without 'who' information.  History
>>> information is probably not useful for non-authenticated users.
>>
>> The information to be logged stems from an _authentificated_ CalDAV
>> or ActiveSync session. So maybe the http authentification is not
>> correctly passed from rpc.php to Horde?
>
> Horde_History is initialized *before* authentication has completed.
> Since we are using a singleton Horde_History instance , it contains
> the authentication information from before authentication and won't
> change.  So it doesn't have anything to do with information not
> being passed ... it's just that the information was not yet
> available to the Horde_History object when first created.
>
> Although a simple solution would be to find out why Horde_History is
> being initialized before authentication is complete.  This could
> possibly be as easy as not initializing that object if getAuth() is
> false.

 From the admittedly brief look I took at it, there was at least one
spot that was using it for the maximum login attempts functionality,
though I have no idea how/if that works properly since (as we see) the
auth username isn't available at that time anyway. I don't have the
code in front of me, but I remember another spot was during the
registry initialization, though I'm not sure of the rationale for
creating it there.

We could decorate the history object with a core wrapper object that
can initialize the history object only when the auth is available.
--
mike
The Horde Project