[horde] turba: default column prefs for personal address book

Guenter Bartsch guenter.bartsch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 12:42:25 UTC 2014

Jan,

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 12:47 PM, Guenter Bartsch
<guenter.bartsch at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jan,
>
> On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
>
>> Yes, like any preference.

we're still trying set preferences using hooks - with limited success.
for example, we would like to set kronolith's search_source to a
default value. we tried using the prefs_init hook:

public function prefs_init($pref, $value, $username, $scope_ob)

but this one doesn't seemed to get called for that particular
preference we're trying to modify - maybe we need to enable out hook
for this specific preference setting? if so, how?

we also tried to use the postauthenticate hook:

public function postauthenticate($userId, $credentials)
    {
        $logger = $GLOBALS['injector']->getInstance('Horde_Log_Logger');
        $logger->info('postauthenticate, username=' . $userId);

        $app = 'kronolith';
        $pref = 'search_sources';

        $pushed = $GLOBALS['registry']->pushApp($app);
        $GLOBALS['registry']->loadPrefs($app);
        $value = $GLOBALS['prefs']->getValue($pref);
        $GLOBALS['prefs']->setValue($pref, 'hallo');
        if ($pushed) {
            $GLOBALS['registry']->popApp();
        }

        $logger->info('postauthenticate, pref=' . $value);

        return true;
    }

which doesn't give us any error but also doesn't seem to have any
effect: getValue() will return an empty string regrardloss of whether
the pref is set or not, setValue() appears to not do anything.

any ideas what else we could try?

thanks,

   guenter