[horde] No Calender with ActiveSync

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Fri Apr 11 15:03:41 UTC 2014

Citeren Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

> Quoting lst_hoe02 at kwsoft.de:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> we have a ASUS Pad with Android 4.3 which we like to sync with
>> Horde/Kronolith. Mail, Contacts work fine but Calender Events do
>> not sync to the Pad. There is no error Message in the Debug log,
>> but it looks like the Pad is only sending, but never asking for
>> events, because a new created event is sent to horde and displayed
>> there, changes never make it to the Pad.
>>
>> Any idea how to debug?
>
> An activesync log file. Recreate the account on the device after
> enabling the log.
>
> http://wiki.horde.org/ActiveSync#toc22

This looks a lot like the behavior I'm seeing (Bug #13022). Try if
creating a new user account (just for testing purposes) will
synchronize an empty calendar. Calendar synchronization seems to work
here as long as there are no exceptions for recurring events which are
not all day events. As soon as I create exceptions for recurring
events that have a begin- and endtime defined, synchronization stops.
This seems to be due to a problem on the ASUS pad (mine is running
4.2.2 by the way), you'll probably find something like

java.lang.NumberFormatException: Invalid int: "null"
	at java.lang.Integer.invalidInt(Integer.java:138)
	at java.lang.Integer.valueOf(Integer.java:490)
	at
com.android.exchange.adapter.CalendarSyncAdapter$EasCalendarSyncParser.exceptionParser(CalendarSyncAdapter.java:870)
	at
com.android.exchange.adapter.CalendarSyncAdapter$EasCalendarSyncParser.exceptionsParser(CalendarSyncAdapter.java:1034)
	at
com.android.exchange.adapter.CalendarSyncAdapter$EasCalendarSyncParser.addEvent(CalendarSyncAdapter.java:542)
	at
com.android.exchange.adapter.CalendarSyncAdapter$EasCalendarSyncParser.changeParser(CalendarSyncAdapter.java:1224)
	at
com.android.exchange.adapter.CalendarSyncAdapter$EasCalendarSyncParser.commandsParser(CalendarSyncAdapter.java:1242)
	at
com.android.exchange.adapter.AbstractSyncParser.parse(AbstractSyncParser.java:185)
	at
com.android.exchange.adapter.CalendarSyncAdapter.parse(CalendarSyncAdapter.java:242)
	at com.android.exchange.EasSyncService.sync(EasSyncService.java:2005)
	at com.android.exchange.EasSyncService.run(EasSyncService.java:2202)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:838)

in the device log (not very helpful). I have not found a solution to
this problem, other than installing a calendar app from the Play
Store. I checked a couple of them and none of them seemed to have a
problem with these events, so I blame the Google Calendar.